Morgan Freeman Apologizes After 8 Women Accuse Him of Inappropriate Behavior
The veteran actor is the latest of many in Hollywood to face such accusations.
Morgan Freeman has been accused by multiple women of sexual misconduct.
Speaking to CNN Thursday, eight women detailed their allegations that the veteran actor engaged in harassing behavior over the years, including a young production assistant on the set of "Going in Style" in 2015.
That woman alleges Freeman repeatedly touched her without permission and made comments about her appearance during the months-long shoot.
She also claimed Freeman's co-star in the film, Alan Arkin, once told Freeman to stop.
Another accuser was a staff member on the film "Now You See Me." She told CNN that females on the set knew to wear modest clothing when Freeman was around, otherwise he was likely to "comment on our bodies."
The other accusers are comprised of women who worked on set with Freeman, were involved in promoting his films or who had worked with his production company, Revelations Entertainment.
All told, CNN spoke to 16 people who either accused the 80-year-old actor directly or corroborated those accusations.
Freeman addressed the accusations in a statement to media outlets Thursday afternoon.
"Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy," he said. "I apologize to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected — that was never my intent."
Trending on Inside Edition
Texas Man Found Dead With Neck Wound After Freak Car Crash Had Been Bitten by Dog Possibly Trying to Save HimNews
You've Been Vaccinated. Now What? Where to Buy Your Own COVID-19 Vaccine Card HolderNews
Teen Accused of Killing Tristyn Bailey Had Evidence in His Home Linking Him to 'Cold-Blooded Murder,’ Cops SayCrime
Viola Fletcher, Oldest Known Survivor of Tulsa Race Massacre, Celebrates 107th BirthdayInspirational
Survivors of Deck Collapse Caught on Camera at Rental Home Allege Deck's Wood Was RottedNews