New Video From NYC Terror Attack Shows Suspect Moments After He Was Taken Down
Sayfullo Saipov is now reportedly bragging about the attack and asked to have an ISIS flag hung in his hospital room.
Newly released video shows the moment New York City terror suspect Sayfullo Saipov was taken down after he was shot by an NYPD officer following Tuesday's attack.
In the video, the person behind the camera can be heard saying that the suspect had been shot.
In the clip, Saipov is seen wounded after allegedly killing 8 people. The 29-year-old told investigators he “felt good about what he had done” while hospitalized to treat his bullet wound.
The suspect also asked if he could hang an ISIS flag in his room in the hospital, where his seriously injured victims are still recovering.
He told cops he chose Halloween to carry out his attack because he believed there would be more people in the streets that day.
After hearing about the flag incident, President Trump tweeted that the suspect should get the death penalty.
Capital punishment has been abolished in New York State.
In a later tweet, the president also said that he would like to see the terror suspect at the infamous Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba.
In another newly released surveillance photo, the suspect is seen at the New Jersey Home Depot store where he rented the truck he turned into a weapon of mass destruction.
Trending on Inside Edition
Off-Duty Rhode Island Cop Charged for Allegedly Punching Female Political Opponent at Abortion Protest: PoliceCrime
TikTok Star Ophelia Nichols Appeals for Answers After Son Is Fatally Shot Day Before His 19th BirthdayCrime
Protests, Chaos and Rage Follows Supreme Court's Undoing of Roe v. Wade and Constitutional Right to AbortionPolitics
Mountain Climber Falls to Her Death While Scaling Active Volcano in MexicoNews
South Dakota Governor Defends Abortion Ban, Including Cases of Rape and IncestPolitics