Struggling 31-Year-Old Suddenly Becomes Heir to British Aristocrat's $60 Million Estate

Jordan Adlard-Rogers, 31, inherited the 1,536-acre Penrose Estate after the former owner passed away.
Jordan Adlard-Rogers, 31, inherited the 1,536-acre Penrose Estate after the former owner passed away.(Getty)

Jordan Adlard-Rogers, 31, now receives $1,300 weekly in allowances and has moved into the 1,536-acre Penrose Estate in Cornwall, England.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a wealthy and obscure relative pass away and leave you their inheritance?

It was a pipe dream come true for a 31-year-old Englishman, who went from struggling with money all his life to becoming the heir of a $60 million country estate.

“I’ve been at the point of worrying about the next bill and have had a tough start in life […] I’m now starting to get my feet under the table here,” Jordan Adlard-Rogers told Cornwall Live.

He recently became the heir of the 1,536-acre Penrose Estate, which doubles as a tourist attraction, in Cornwall after the former owner, 62-year-old British aristocrat Charles Rogers, died last summer of overdose in his car.

In addition to getting to move into the property with his partner, 30-year-old Katie Hubber, and their newborn son, Joshua, Adlard-Rogers also receives a $1300-a-week trust fund and has since quit his job, Cornwall Live reported.

Previously, Adlard-Rogers was a care worker living in a nearby town of Porthleven.

“I don’t need to work anymore so want to set up a charity and help the Porthleven and Helston communities,” he said. “Now I’m here I want to help people. I’m not going to forget where I’ve come from.”

Rogers was believed to have no heirs that could inherit the estate until a DNA test done after his death revealed Adlard-Rogers was his son and eligible to inherit Rogers’ riches.

However, Adlard-Rogers had always suspected the lord of the manor was his father.

He told reporters that Rogers suggested they do a DNA test when he was just a boy, and when Adlard-Rogers took him up on the offer at 18 years old, Rogers told him to contact a lawyer.

He put it off, and it wasn’t until three years ago that he decided to reach out again. Rogers’ power-of-attorney, however, said he refused to do the DNA test.

Adlard-Rogers appealed one last time, and to his surprise, the same power-of-attorney reached out immediately and said Rogers had passed away.

They were able to then conduct the DNA test, which they said proved Rogers was the father of Adlard-Rogers.

“People say I’m lucky but I would trade anything to be able to go back and for Charles to know I was his son,” Adlard-Rogers said. “Maybe then he might have taken a different path.