Woman Finds 13-Foot Python in Her Bed, Tosses It Out and Goes Back to Sleep
"I just needed it to be out of my room so I could get some sleep," said Katjana Shoyer, 25, of Queensland.
Nothing can interrupt a good night’s sleep for this Australian woman – not even a massive python that snuck into her bed.
Katjana Shoyer, 25, of Queensland, said she felt something cold press up against her back and woke up to discover a 13-foot-long python in her bed.
“I went to see what it was and saw this snake stretched out next to me,” Shoyer told Caters News Agency. “I instantly got goosebumps and shivers up my spine. I couldn’t believe it. I jumped to the other side of the room in complete shock.”
She explained that she was only asleep for about two hours when she rolled over onto the reptile.
Pythons are common in Shoyer's town, she said, though she’s never heard anyone else wake up with one in their bed.
Instead of calling a snake catcher, Shover decided to deal with it herself, calling for her mom, reaching for a fishing spear, and somehow wrangling the 45-pound beast into a garbage can and going back to bed.
“It didn’t worry me too much,” she said. “I just needed it to be out of my room so I could get some sleep.”
The following day, she brought the python to a nearby bushland and released it.
Shover said she thinks the python might have come into her home looking for a meal, but never intended to go down easy.
“The way it was stretched out, I think it could have been sizing me up for a meal,” she said. “But I’m nearly 6 feet tall, so it wouldn’t have been a light snack.”
Trending on Inside Edition
Family of Woman Found Dead in Lumberton 4 Years Ago Takes Up Cause of all Missing and Murdered in the CityCrime
Australian Woman Convicted of Killing Her 4 Babies Is Innocent, Scientists SayCrime
Armed Man Demands Tiger Roaming Texas Neighborhood Be Brought Inside in Tense Confrontation Captured on CameraAnimals
The Good and the Bad That Can Come With Winning the LotteryOffbeat
Family Receives Outpouring of Support After Mom Is Killed and 4-Year-Old Is Hospitalized in Sledding AccidentNews