Donald Trump Won't Apologize for Megyn Kelly 'Blood' Comments, Says She Should Apologize
Donald Trump went on the 'Today' show to do damage control over his controversial remarks about Fox News' Megyn Kelly.
The firestorm over Donald Trump's attack on Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly is getting even hotter.
Trump was furious with Kelly over her questions in last week's great debate and said: “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her whatever. She was off base.”
There was an immediate backlash and Trump spent the weekend doing damage control.
Trump called in to MSNBC’s Morning Joe on Monday and said that Kelly should apologize to him.
“She asked me a very inappropriate question and she's the one that should apologize to me if you want to know the truth,” he said.
He was also asked about the remarks on the Today show.
In the phone interview, Trump explained: “If I had said that, it would have been inappropriate.”
He continued: “I said she was so angry that blood was coming out of her eyes - blood was coming out of her - and then I didn't even finish the answer because I wanted to get on to the next point. If I finished it I was going to say ears or nose.”
Trump's longtime advisor, Roger Stone, says he quit over the weekend because Trump's core message was being drowned out by the controversy. Trump claims he fired Stone.
Despite the firestorm Trump is still well ahead in the polls.
The latest NBC poll puts trump at 23% ahead of Ted Cruz who surged into second place with 13%.
Watch Below: A Look Back at Donald Trump's Lavish 2005 Wedding
Trending on Inside Edition
Mom of 2-Year-Old Attacked by Coyote in Huntington Beach Plans to Sue City Over Toddler's InjuriesAnimals
Woman Paralyzed by Classmate in 1997 Paducah School Shooting Speaks Out as Convicted Gunman Seeks ParoleCrime
Urn Containing Human Remains Found on South Carolina Shore, an Increasing Problem for the Coroners OfficeHuman Interest
Missing Georgia Mother Found Dead in the Woods Naked and With Charring on her StomachCrime
Route 91 Harvest Festival Massacre Survivor Is Still on the Road to Recovery 5 Years After Being Shot 3 TimesINSIDE EDITION InDepth