Killer Who Murdered 3 Women Is Executed After Insisting He Didn't Do It: 'My Conscience Is Clear'

Serial killer Oscar Ray Bolin was executed in Florida on Thursday night - the first U.S. execution of the year.

Serial killer Oscar Ray Bolin was executed in Florida on Thursday night - the first U.S. execution of the year.

The 53-year-old, who was convicted of murdering three women 30 years ago, was pronounced dead by lethal injection at 10:16 p.m. at Florida State Prison following a last meal of steak, baked potato, salad, lemon meringue pie and a bottle of soda, officials said.

When asked if he wanted to make a final statement, he said: "No sir."

Read: Woman Slashed By Homeless Man on Her Way to Work: 'I Can't Believe It's Me'

His initial execution time of 6 p.m. was delayed after a last-ditch appeal, which was ultimately rejected by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Bolin was convicted of the 1986 murders of Natalie Blanche Holley, 25, Teri Lynn Matthews, 26, and Stephanie Collins, 17.

One day before his execution, he insisted he didn’t murder them.

“I did not murder these women,” he claimed in a Fox 13 News interview. “My conscience is clear. Florida's just killing me. [The families] are not getting any peace by executing me tomorrow.”

After his conviction, the verdicts in three trials were reversed at least twice because of legal errors, but he was then found guilty again in all three cases. He claimed that evidence used to find him guilty was planted and tampered with

One of his most outspoken defenders has been his wife, Rosalie, who was once a member of his defense team.

Before his death she said: “The State is about to execute an innocent man based on perjury, police misconduct, tainted FBI evidence ... confessions of other perps ... prosecutorial conduct.”

Read: Dad and His Teenage Son Dress as an Elderly Couple to Rob Convenience Store

But cops said Oscar Ray Bolin's first victim was Holley, and that she was abducted after she left work at a Tampa restaurant in 1986.

Collins disappeared from a shopping center parking lot in Tampa the same year, and two months later, Matthews was abducted north of Tampa. All of the women were fatally stabbed.

Matthews' mother, Kathleen Reeves, said: "It's been so long. The pain doesn't change. It's just time for it. It's due. It's past due."

Watch Below: Driver Gets Attacked and Robbed While Sitting in His Car After Crash