Latest Bill O'Reilly Accuser Opens Up About His Fox News Exit: 'I Felt Triumphant'
Parquita Burgess' claims may have been the final straw for O'Reilly.
The latest in a parade of women accusing ex-Fox News pundit Bill O'Reilly of inappropriate behavior says she feels "triumphant" that the man who she says referred to her as "Hot Chocolate" has lost his job.
Perquita Burgess, a temp clerical worker at Fox News in 2008 told The View Thursday that O'Reilly used to making a grunting noise when he passed her.
“He always walked past my desk and he made like a grunting noise,” she told the panel.
She originally dismissed it as a type of "spasm of sorts," but “as time went on, I notice if no one was around, he would make that noise.”
“I just stopped looking at him, paying him any attention," she said. "He had no reason to be at my desk at all. He walks past and says, ‘Hey, Hot Chocolate.’ But he doesn’t look at me when he said it.”
She added: “I didn’t respond. I was mortified because not only was it sexual, I took that as a very plantational remark.”
She further clarified that this harassment was different than when “someone pays you a compliment and they still treat you as a colleague.” O’Reilly was “grunting at me and groaning and leering.”
“How did you feel when you heard he was fired?” host Whoopi Goldberg asked.
“I felt triumphant,” Burgess replied.
There are more fresh allegations against O'Reilly.
Caroline Heldman, a professor at Occidental College in California was a regular guest on The O’Reilly Factor.
“When I met him he said, ‘When I went to college, professors didn't look like you,’” she told Inside Edition. “He was reminding me in his world I am just a sex object that just talks on his show. He was leering at my legs and my chest. Insulting and flirtatious at the same time."
Heldman claims O'Reilly blacklisted her from his show after they argued during a taping in 2011 and she said he called her "hysterical." She told him that "hysterical" is a sexist term.
She did make a guest appearance earlier this week on Tucker Carlson's Fox News program.
Hours after O’Reilly lost his job, his name unceremoniously scrubbed from the highest-rated show on cable news.
O’Reilly was coincidentally on vacation as rumors of his dismissal swirled. When the news broke, he was greeting Pope Francis at the Vatican during The Pontiff's weekly audience, a meeting that was reportedly arranged by New York’s Cardinal Jim Dolan.
O'Reilly issued a defiant statement before flying back to America: “It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims. But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today."
He added that he wished "nothing but the best" for Fox News.
"Bill O'Reilly just signed a new contract worth $25 million a year for the next four years," CNN media reporter Brian Stelter told Inside Edition. "Fox is not going to pay all of that, but they are going to pay one year's worth. So, they are going to pay him $25 million to never appear on Fox again."
O'Reilly denies all the allegations of sexual harrasment.
Trending on Inside Edition
Man Says Brother Who Took His Own Life Never Mentally Recovered From Abuse Suffered as Scott Rudin's AssistantNews
21-Year-Old 'Eager' Georgia Firefighter Dies in His Sleep During 1st ShiftNews
Donation to Kyle Rittenhouse's Crowdfunding Campaign Gets Virginia Cop Fired From the Department: OfficialsCrime
Greensboro Zoning Commissioner Ousted After Refusing to Address Woman as 'Doctor' in MeetingNews
Cops Called on Couple Who Tried to Have Wedding at $5M Florida Mansion Without Owner's PermissionOffbeat