911 Call in Sherri Papini Case Reveals Panic of Her Disappearance: 'I'm Like Totally Freaking Out'

Keith Papini had returned from work to an empty house and immediately feared the worst when he discovered his wife's cell phone.

The initial 911 call in the mysterious Sherri Papini kidnapping case of 2016 has been released nearly a year after the woman known as "Supermom" vanished in California.

The call was made on Nov. 2, 2016, by her husband, Keith.

“I'm like totally freaking out thinking like somebody like grabbed her,” he said on the phone. 

He had just come home from work at a local Best Buy, and to his surprise, the house was deserted.

“I couldn't find her, so I called the day care to see what time she picked up the kids. The kids were never picked up so I got freaked out, I hit the Find My iPhone app thing,” he said. “I found her phone; it's got like hair ripped out of it, like, in the headphones.”

He also said that his wife recently started running again and he found the phone at the end of the street. 

In the call, he added that he last heard from her in a text message that asked whether he was coming home for lunch. 

“I said, ‘Sorry long day.’ And that was the last — she never spoke to me on the phone, never had any other contact,” he told the dispatcher. 

He didn’t know what kind of clothes his wife could have been wearing, but assumed it was athletic clothes. 

“Something happened to her is the way I’m looking at it. There was hair, like, in the headphones, like it got ripped off when they grabbed her,” he added. 

Her disappearance became a leading national news story, but three weeks later, on Thanksgiving Day, she was discovered bound and battered by the side of the road, but alive.

She told police she had been abducted by two mysterious women while she was jogging. 

Skepticism about her story was widespread and in her hometown, the opinion is divided.

Almost a year later, the Shasta County Sheriff’s Department has released new sketches of the suspects based on descriptions she gave. She says they obscured their faces the whole time she was held.

The Papini family has remained reclusive since she was found. They are said to rarely leave their home where they reside with their two small children.