The "Real Housewives of New York" star spoke to Dr. Mehmet Oz about the terrifying incident last month. Frankel was rushed to the hospital after mistakenly eating soup containing fish at a Massachusetts restaurant.
Frankel said she remembered thinking the soup tasted really good before she noticed her hands had begun to feel itchy.
"I felt a little tickle in my throat, something seemed a little off, not crazy at all," she said, adding that it wasn't comparable to previous reactions she'd had.
She mentioned it to her boyfriend, who went to get Benadryl for her. "By the time he came back, I was unconscious," Frankel said. "He said I was drooling ... and he managed to get a Benadryl done my throat."
Frankel was unconscious for roughly 15 minutes, she said. "I woke up disoriented," she recalled. "... There were cops, there were medics."
She added: "I vaguely remember them taking me onto a stretcher into the ambulance, but thinking, 'I'm having a stroke and dying.'"
Frankel said she never thought something like this would happen to her. She spent two days in intensive care afterward while doctors worked to stabilize her.
“It’s crazy. I don’t like to be alone anymore,” she said of the experience. "... It’s very scary. It changes your whole entire life.”