Jeffrey Epstein's 'Pedophile Island' Raided by FBI Agents: Report

Cameron Lindsay told Inside Edition that the late financier was at risk the moment he was taken off suicide watch.

A dozen FBI agents carried out a lightning raid Monday afternoon on Jeffery Epstein’s private island in the Caribbean known to locals as "Pedophile Island," according to a report, just days after Epstein died by suicide.

In exclusive photos obtained by, the agents can be seen on the island in golf carts as they searched for new evidence.  

The island is 71 acres and has a main house and a mysterious temple-like structure.

Epstein's sudden death while behind bars in New York has shocked many, including a former federal prison warden who said the convicted sex offender was at risk the moment he was taken off suicide watch.

Cameron Lindsay says he’s flabbergasted that Epstein was no longer being monitored.

“He receives clothing items like tee shirts and bed sheets, that kind of thing, so he had all the tools he needed to kill himself. It would have been an easy thing to accomplish,” he told Inside Edition. 

But what exactly led up to Epstein's death? Lindsay said surveillance footage from the prison are unlikely to be of much help to investigators.

“There's not going to be any camera footage that shows what goes on inside that cell,” he added. 

The 66-year-old financier hanged himself in his cell at Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan less than two weeks after being found semi-conscious on his cell floor with marks on his neck.

Epstein was in a special unit inside the federal prison because he was such a high-profile prisoner and the target of other inmates. He was supposed to have a cellmate to help watch over him. And a guard was supposed to check on him every 30 minutes, but published reports say he was alone in his cell and that no guards checked on him for several hours before he was found.
Attorney General William Barr spoke out about the circumstances surrounding Epstein’s death, telling reporters Monday, “I was appalled and indeed the whole department was, and frankly, angry.”