Kelsey Berreth Case: Warrant Executed at Fiance Patrick Frazee's Colorado Home

Kelsey Berreth, 29, was last seen Nov. 22, when surveillance video captured her shopping with her and Frazee’s 1-year-old daughter at Safeway supermarket in Woodland Park. 

Law enforcement officers have executed a search warrant at the home of Patrick Frazee, the fiancé of Colorado pilot Kelsey Berreth, who has been missing since Thanksgiving, officials said.

Deputies with the Teller County Sheriff’s Office began their search on Frazee’s property in Florissant Friday. They obtained the search warrant on Thursday. 

Noting it has been 23 days since Berreth, 29, was last seen alive, Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said at a press conference Friday that the disappearance is "more suspicious" in nature than originally thought, and that authorities believe she is not intentionally avoiding the efforts being made to locate her.

De Young called on Frazee to agree to an interview with officials, saying "we have yet to have him sit down with one of our investigators."

“He is communicating with us through his attorney," De Young said.

Frazee was never asked to voluntarily participate in the search executed at his home Friday, Frazee's attorney, Jeremy Loew, told KXRM-TV, ahead of Friday's press conference. 

“We encourage law enforcement to take whatever steps it deems necessary to find Kelsey Berreth and to be able to exclude Patrick Frazee as a possible suspect in this missing person investigation,” he said in a statement to the station. 

Frazee had previously released his phone to be searched by investigators and has provided cheek swabs for DNA samples, all on his own accord, Loew said.

The search at the property could take up to three days, officials said. When asked why it had taken as long as it did to search Frazee's property, De Young said law enforcement had to get a "number of things done" in order to secure a warrant. 

Frazee has not been called a suspect in Berreth's disappearance. 

De Young said that, while authorities are "considering every possibility" in the case, "I'm not willing to jump to conclusions or label people." 

Berreth was last seen Nov. 22, when surveillance video captured her shopping with her and Frazee’s 1-year-old daughter at a Safeway supermarket in Woodland Park. 

Berreth gave Frazee their daughter later that day, officials said. The pair does not live together and officials would not comment on what sort of, if any, custody arrangement existed between them. 

Berreth’s mother, Cheryl Berreth, reported her missing on Dec. 2. 

Berreth's 1-year-old daughter remains in the custody of her father. Cheryl Berreth has yet to see her granddaughter since arriving in Colorado, De Young said.