Man Reunites With Good Samaritan Who Saved His Life When He Began Choking
The hero was actually going to have dinner somewhere else that fateful night.
A New York man has reunited with the diner who saved his life after he began choking at a restaurant.
Juan Camacho was having dinner with his wife at an Italian restaurant, Da Noi, on Staten Island, N.Y., Friday night when he started choking on a lamb chop.
“I couldn't breathe anymore,” he recalled to Inside Edition.
His wife tried to do the Heimlich maneuver, but it wasn't helping working.
It was then that Stephen Cresci, a firefighter sitting nearby who was having dinner with his pregnant wife, Jennifer, jumped into action.
“He couldn't talk at all," Cresci recalled. "His face was turning red, so I got right behind him."
Cresci was able to properly execute the Heimlich maneuver, and clear Camacho's airway.
“The next thing I knew, I was breathing again,” Camacho said.
Stephen and Jennifer, whose child is due any day, were actually planning to go to a different restaurant that night.
“As I'm watching him I started to cry,” Jennifer told Inside Edition. "I didn’t know what was going on with the man and I was like, 'Oh my God! I hope he can do this.'"
In an interesting turn of events, it was the first time the firefighter had ever performed the Heimlich maneuver.
Trending on Inside Edition
Near-Death Experiences Prove to Be Transformative for These Women Who Say They Saw the Other SideNews
Florida State Lawmaker Says Rep. Matt Gaetz, Joel Greenberg Left Her 'Uncomfortable' Voicemail in 2019Politics
2 Teenagers Arrested After Accidental Shooting of High School Senior During Target Practice, Police sayCrime
Mother From UK Gives Birth to 'Super Twins' After Getting Pregnant TwiceOffbeat
Piney Point Reservoir: State of Emergency Declared as Leak in Florida Wastewater Pond Threatens Total CollapseNews