Massachusetts Man Dies From Eating Too Much Black Licorice

September 29, 2020

Doctors say a Massachusetts man died from eating too much black licorice. Dr. Neel Butala told Inside Edition Digital that the patient came into his hospital experiencing cardiac arrest. His team noticed that the man’s potassium levels were low, an unusual symptom. “And so we ended up asking the family, ‘Hey, do you know what could be causing this? Does he eat a lot of candy?’ And to our surprise we actually learned that he ate a fair amount of black licorice.”

Watch Live
Inside Edition Streaming: Keep WatchingInside Edition Streaming: Keep Watching