Woman Allegedly Poisons Waffle House Coworker By Spiking His Drink With Meth
The man was rushed to the hospital in critical condition after he drank the poisoned drink.
A Georgia woman was arrested after she allegedly poisoned her co-worker using methamphetamines, putting the man in a coma, officials said.
Former Waffle House waitress Sonserea Evans, 43, is accused of spiking 37-year-old Brian Mikeal’s drink with a large dose of meth, the Dawson County Sheriff’s Department told reporters.
Mikeal was rushed to the hospital in critical condition after he drank the poisoned drink while customers dined at the restaurant on Highway 53 around midnight December 23, WSB-TV reported.
Read: Waffle House Employees Caught Styling Hair In Kitchen While Preparing Food
He remains under medical care.
“At one point he was critical. At one point he was on a life support system, basically, he was being fed through a feeding tube and was in a comatose state, so at one point he was clinging to life,” Dawson County Sheriff’s Office Captain Tony Wooten said, according to WSB-TV.com.
A woman police believe to be Evans can allegedly be seen taking Mikael’s drink into the bathroom when he went outside, cops said.
Waffle House management gave the footage to investigators and fired Evans, who is being held at the Dawson County Detention Center.
Read: Waffle House Customer Fatally Shoots Waitress Who Told Him to Put Out Cigarette: Cops
Evans was arrested on Friday and charged with possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute and aggravated battery, according to jail records.
Evans is not cooperating and police said they don't have a motive for the alleged attack, according to WSB-TV.
Watch: American Family Poisoned in their Luxury Hotel on Spring Break
Trending on Inside Edition
Family of Christian Glass Reaches $19 Million Settlement in Fatal Police Shooting of Colorado ManCrime
California Dad Fatally Struck by Car After Helping Ducks Cross Busy StreetNews
LAPD Volunteer Officer Who Survived Near-Fatal Bee Attack on Live TV Speaks OutHeroes
Man 'Eaten Alive by Bed Bugs' in Jail Cell After He Could Not Post Bail Died of 'Severe Neglect': AutopsyCrime