Girl, 11, Dies After Choking on Marshmallow at Friend's Birthday Party
Azriel Estabrooks died at a Rhode Island hospital nearly a week after she lost consciousness after choking on a marshmallow.
A Massachusetts girl has died nearly a week after she choked on a marshmallow and lost consciousness.
Azriel Estabrooks, 11, was at a friend's birthday party April 16th when she was found unresponsive.
It wasn't until paramedics arrived that it was discovered she had a marshmallow lodged in her throat.
According to a GoFundMe page posted by a representative for the family, Azriel's parents were told "their daughter had choked on a 'big marshmallow' at the birthday party, fell down, and suffered a severe head injury."
For days, the little girl clung to life.
“All we want is her to wake up and look at us with her beautiful green eyes,” her mother, Iris Estabrooks, said in the days before her daughter's death.
"She is strong and putting up a fight but it’s not looking good for her. So please we ask for all the prayers and positive energy for our baby."
Azriel lost her fight Friday. She is survived by her mother, Army vet father, and young brother and sister.
In the day or so after, the GoFundMe page created to benefit her family raised over $15,000.
Trending on Inside Edition
Video Shows Pandemonium as Storm Knocks Down Tent, Injuring Guests at Atlanta WeddingNews
Mystery as 4 Friends Found Shot to Death in Wisconsin Cornfield, Police Have Scant Leads and No MotiveCrime
Inside Edition Investigates if NYC Restaurants Are Checking if Indoor Diners Are Vaccinated as Per New RuleInvestigative
Dog the Bounty Hunter’s Daughters Say They Were Cut Out of Their Dad's Life After Mom's DeathEntertainment
Gabby Petito in Tears After Aug. 12 Fight With Boyfriend in Utah, Bodycam Video ShowsCrime