Father-Son Duo Arrested After Kidnapping Utah Mother and Her 4 Teen Daughters: Cops

A manhunt ended with the arrest of Dereck Harrison, 22, several hours after the surrender of his father, Flint Wayne Harrison, 51.

A manhunt ended late Saturday following the arrest of a Utah man who, along with his father, is accused of luring a woman and her four teenage daughters into a home and tying them up.

Dereck Harrison, 22, was arrested in Sublette County, Wyoming, late Saturday right when authorities there were ready to call off the search for the night. 

Hours earlier, Harrison's father, Flint Harrison, turned himself into authorities following the alleged kidnapping.

According to police, both Harrisons were believed to have been using methamphetamine heavily when they allegedly lured the mother and girls, ages 13 to 18, into a Utah home Tuesday.

The men bound them with zip ties in a basement, police say.

Read: Trio Arrested in Death of Endangered Fish Killed in Drunken Rampage: Cops

After the elder Harrison hit the mother with a baseball bat, her daughters began to break their ties and try to escape, according to charging documents obtained by the Associated Press.

One girl slapped away a shotgun that was pointed at her throat while another grabbed a bat and hit the younger Harrison.

The victims then managed to escape, authorities said in a release.

Search teams from multiple agencies on the ground and in the air had been searching the Half Moon Lake area since dawn Saturday after Flint Harrison, 51, turned himself in overnight to the Sublette County Detention Center on warrants stemming from his part in the kidnapping and assault incident that occurred in Centerville, Utah outside Salt Lake City.

“This is an incredible end to a very stressful day,” Sublette Co. Sheriff Stephen Haskell said. “Watching the coordination of our agencies working together was phenomenal. We have incredibly skilled officers in our area and it was a very good end to something that could have gone very badly.” 

Dereck Harrison, who authorities said had inadequate gear and clothing for spending any significant length of time in the backcountry, had two knives and two rifles, police said.

Read: Woman, 64, Who Went Missing While Hiking Is Found Tied to a Tree in the Woods: Reports 

Police also said Dereck Harrison had several high capacity magazines and that he'd made several threats against law enforcement officials.

According to reports, the younger Harrison was a close family friend of the teens and their mother and often joined them at their home for dinner and picked the girls up from school.

The kidnapping happened after police say the Harrisons became paranoid from methamphetamine use and falsely believed the woman and teens had ratted them out to police.

The victims are currently recovering from the traumatic incident, authorities said. 

The Harrisons will both most likely be extradited to Utah to face charges for the alleged kidnapping and assault. It is unknown at this time whether they will face additional charges in Wyoming.

Watch: Mom and Daughter Lost in Wilderness For 5 Days Are Rescued After Writing 'Help' With Branches