Girl, 3, Bites Into Glass in Wendy's Burger After Kitchen Light Bulb Breaks
A little girl in a Detroit-area Wendy's got a mouthful of glass after taking a bite of her burger, her mother says.
A Michigan mom wants answers after she says her daughter took a bite of a Wendy's burger and got a mouthful of glass.
The 3-year-old girl was at the franchise in Southgate when her mother says she heard a loud crunch when her daughter took a bite.
As the mother worked to pull the food from the girl's mouth, she said she found her fingers had blood and glass on them.
The mother called police, then rushed her daughter to the hospital, the Associated Press reports.
A manager reportedly told police that some glass had broken in the food preparation area and somehow made it into the burger.
A statement released by the franchise owner Starboard Group confirmed the glass was from a light bulb.
"This is an extremely unfortunate accident and we quickly investigated, it appears a light bulb may have broken during maintenance activity in the restaurant," the statement read.
The girl is now at home recovering.
Trending on Inside Edition
Michigan Man Discovers 160 Bowling Balls During Home Renovation ProjectOffbeat
Authorities Probe Whether Beloved Peacock Was Shot to Death by Someone Hired Through Craigslist AdAnimals
2-Year-Old Farm Girl From Ohio Is Constantly Followed by an Army of ChickensAnimals
Samuel Olson Told His Grandma His Dad and Theresa Balboa 'Were Mean.' It Was the Last Time She Saw Him Alive.Crime
Despite New York Times Reporting, Inside Edition Investigation Finds Subway's Tuna Sandwiches Contain TunaInvestigative