20-Month-Old Boy Accidentally Lodges Himself Inside a Toy
Mom Soona Choe called 911 for help.
The objective of this common kid’s toy is fairly simple – insert the block through the corresponding shape – but this 20-month-old from New Jersey seemed to miss the point when he put himself through the toy and got stuck.
Baby Luca’s mom, Soona Choe of Fort Lee, had to call 911 after it became clear her poor son couldn’t get himself out of the toy.
“I’m like, 'My kid’s stuck in a toy,' and they’re like, ‘What kind of toy, what do you mean?’” Choe told WCBS.
She explained Luca had been playing with the toy Tuesday when he somehow removed a panel on the toy and climbed inside.
“He got in, got wedged in, and he couldn’t get out,” Choe said.
Officers from the Fort Lee Police Department suggested using the "jaws of life," a rescue tool typically used to cut out car crash victims, but Sgt. Rick Hernandez, who responded to the scene, was able to break the toy open himself, freeing the poor boy.
“When I got there his expression was just priceless, he had this face on like, ‘Yeah, I did it,’” Hernandez said. “It was pretty cute.”
Choe said she was relieved when her son was finally free of the toy, but saw the humor in the silly mistake: “It’s kind of comical if you think about the situation.”
She said she now plans to keep the toy to remind Luca he got stuck in it when he grows up.
Trending on Inside Edition
Family of Woman Found Dead in Lumberton 4 Years Ago Takes Up Cause of all Missing and Murdered in the CityCrime
Australian Woman Convicted of Killing Her 4 Babies Is Innocent, Scientists SayCrime
Armed Man Demands Tiger Roaming Texas Neighborhood Be Brought Inside in Tense Confrontation Captured on CameraAnimals
The Good and the Bad That Can Come With Winning the LotteryOffbeat
Family Receives Outpouring of Support After Mom Is Killed and 4-Year-Old Is Hospitalized in Sledding AccidentNews