Body Cam Shows Deputies Racing to Rescue 70-Year-Old Vietnam Vet from House Fire
The Vietnam veteran was wheelchair-bound.
Amazing dash cam video shows Georgia first responders rescuing a paralyzed man inside a burning house.
Three Coweta County Sheriff’s deputies and a firefighter entered the smoke-choked home and crawled toward the screams of a 70-year-old Vietnam veteran who was confined to a wheelchair, authorities said.
Neighbors had called 911 after seeing flames licking from the windows of the man’s single-story home. They told officials the man was unable to walk, deputies said.
The firefighter and the deputies took the man's arms and pulled him from the burning house.
The unidentified victim suffered severe burns on his hands, the video showed. He was air-lifted to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta for treatment of second- and third-degree burns, The Newnan Times-Herald reported earlier this month.
Two of the deputies were treated for smoke inhalation and released.
The homeowner remains hospitalized, authorities said.
Trending on Inside Edition
Man Finds Brother's Letterman Jacket Their Mom Couldn’t Afford in a Thrift Store 28 Years LaterInspirational
This Holiday Season Airbnb Is Offering You a Chance to Stay in the Original 'Home Alone' HouseEntertainment
Silence Surrounds Alleged Videotaped Sexual Assault of Boy From Louisville Private School Months AgoCrime
'West Side Story' Generates Early Oscar Buzz as Reboot of Beloved Film and Play Hits the Silver ScreenEntertainment
Man Exonerated of Alice Sebold’s Rape Says as She Addresses Her Role in His Conviction: 'I Accept Her Apology'Crime