5-Year-Old Boy Dies Days After Dog Chokes Him By Pulling on Scarf
Little John Bruno died days after he was found face-down in the snow.
A 5-year-old Pennsylvania boy has died, days after he was choked by the family dog as they played in the snow, authorities said.
Little John Bruno was found face-down, with the pup pulling at a scarf around his neck, police said. His mother loosened the tightly wound scarf, carried him inside and called 911, Warrington Township police said.
Read: Boy, 13, Dies After Being Trapped in Snow Mound with Friends as Pair Played
He died Saturday at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, the coroner’s office reported. He had been heavily sedated since the accident, authorities said.
Officers initially thought the boy had suffered cardiac arrest while cavorting with the family’s 18-month-old pet.
Read: 'He's Alive!' Young boy Pulled from Snow-Filled HotelFollowing Avalanche in Italy
“His smile and boundless energy was electric,” reads a GoFundMe page established to help pay the boy’s medical and funeral costs. “He loved Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, superheroes and being silly.
“Above all else, John loved his mom, dad and big sister.”
Police called the incident a tragic accident.
Watch: 10-Year-Old Boy Dies After Getting Trapped in Show While Digging Tunnel
Trending on Inside Edition
New York Grand Jury in Trump Criminal Probe Gets Day Off, Indictment Wait ContinuesCrime
Will Bryan Kohberger Face Firing Squad if Convicted, Sentenced to Death? New Idaho Bill May Make It PossibleCrime
Former 'Baywatch' Star Alexandra Paul Found Not Guilty of Stealing Chickens From Poultry TruckEntertainment
Suspect Returns to Scene of Domestic Violence Assault and Is Killed by Victim’s FatherCrime
LA Meteorologist Who Fainted on Live TV Says She Didn't Eat Breakfast and Was DehydratedHealth
Letecia Stauch Murder Case TimelineCrime