9-Year-Old Boy's Death Caused by 'Off the Charts' Cocaine Overdose: Authorities
The 9-year-old boy apparently ate the cocaine that killed him, the coroner's office said.
The December death of 9-year-old Ohio boy was caused by a massive cocaine overdose, authorities revealed this week.
The fourth-grader died of acute cocaine toxicity, according to the Mahoning County Coroner’s Office.
The child died the day after Christmas, but Youngstown police said they had to wait five months for toxicology results to come back before they could proceed with the case.
Marcus Lee Jr. was pronounced dead at Akron Children’s Hospital after being rushed by ambulance from his mother’s home.
“The test results were 'off the charts,' according to the Cuyahoga County Coroner’s Office,” Lt. Doug Bobovnyik told WFMJ-TV.
“It appears he ingested it orally," Bobovnyik said. "There was cocaine found in his stomach."
Investigators are now treating the child’s death as a possible homicide, police said.
The boy’s mother has retained an attorney and officers have not been able to question her since receiving the toxicology report, police said.
Trending on Inside Edition
Cadaver Dogs Brought in During Search for Brian Laundrie in Florida Swamp as Reward Reaches $200KCrime
Woman Discovers More Than 90 Snakes Were Living Underneath Her California HomeAnimals
Alex Murdaugh Is a Person of Interest in Wife and Son’s Murder, His Lawyer SaysCrime
Banksy’s Famous 'Love is in the Bin' Shredded Painting Sells for an Astounding $25.4 Million at AuctionOffbeat
Specialists Treat Tiny Birds Rescued From Recent Southern California Oil SpillAnimals