Police Call 5-Year-Old a 'Hero' After He Got Help For His Parents Who Overdosed
Police awarded the young boy.
Ohio Police said a 5-year-old boy saved his parents' lives after getting help while they were both passed out from a drug overdose.
The young boy, Aidan, walked five blocks on Thursday at 5 a.m. in Middleton to his grandparents house and told them his parents were dead, according to reports.
“He walked in the door, and mom and dad weren’t coming behind him,” Kenny Currey, Aidan's grandpa, told Fox8. “All of a sudden, he starts saying, ‘Mom and Dad’s dead, Mom and Dad’s dead!'”
Police officers arrived and went the 5-year-old boy’s home to find both of his parents had overdosed on heroin.
A 3-month-old baby was also unattended in a car seat in the home, according to the report.
Police revived both parents.
“This 5 year old child, a hero, saved 3 lives today,” police wrote on their Facebook page. “How can something so awesome be so sad all at the same time?”
Aidan was given a badge for his bravery.
Both parents, Chelsie Marshall and Lee Johnson, were charged with child endangerment.
“We are sick and tired of some people not caring about their kids enough to allow this to happen,” police added.
Trending on Inside Edition
Man Finds Brother's Letterman Jacket Their Mom Couldn’t Afford in a Thrift Store 28 Years LaterInspirational
This Holiday Season Airbnb Is Offering You a Chance to Stay in the Original 'Home Alone' HouseEntertainment
Silence Surrounds Alleged Videotaped Sexual Assault of Boy From Louisville Private School Months AgoCrime
'West Side Story' Generates Early Oscar Buzz as Reboot of Beloved Film and Play Hits the Silver ScreenEntertainment
Man Exonerated of Alice Sebold’s Rape Says as She Addresses Her Role in His Conviction: 'I Accept Her Apology'Crime