2-Year-Old Dies After Accidentally Getting Neck Stuck in Automatic Car Window
He was without oxygen for more than 40 minutes.
An Indiana toddler has died several days after getting his neck stuck in an automatic car window.
Logan Vanderkleed, 2, died Thursday morning, a week after his neck became stuck in the window of a vehicle while his dad, Drew Vanderkleed, was cleaning out a nearby car on the family's farm.
Logan was reportedly without oxygen for more than 40 minutes.
In a Facebook post, Logan’s mom, Lisa, said the children were taking a nap in the vehicle when Logan somehow rolled down the window before accidentally closing it again with the automatic button.
“When he was discovered, he wasn't breathing. Logan was without oxygen/pulse for a significant amount of time as family and medical personnel repeatedly gave him CPR,” a family friend wrote on a GoFundMe page for the family.
Logan was airlifted to Riley Hospital for Children and reportedly showed low levels of brain function due to the time doctors believed he was without a pulse.
Early Thursday momring, his mother said that she felt strong desire to hold her son.
“I felt a strong urge to hold Logan,” his mother later wrote on Facebook. “He just wanted his mommy. Moments after I got him, he took his last breath."
Doctors were able to preserve Logan’s heart valves for a future donation.
Trending on Inside Edition
Golden Bachelor' Scandal: Gerry Turner Dumped Ex After 10lb. Weight Gain, Forced Her to Move to Motel: ReportEntertainment
Woman Found Dead at Bottom of Garbage Chute After Company Party, Police Do Not Expect Foul PlayNews
New York City School Bus Driver Kidnapped and Raped Student on Bus and at His Home, Alleges ProsecutorCrime
Graphic Crime Scene Photos Released in Murder Case of 13-Year-Old Accused of Stabbing to Death MomCrime
Ohio Man on His Deathbed Reveals to Wife and Daughter He Was a Fugitive Who Robbed a BankHuman Interest
Florida Woman, 22, Posed as Teen and Sexually Assaulted Minor 30 Times, Sent Classmates His Sex Tape: PoliceCrime