3 Ohio Brothers Die After Passing Out Because of Manure Pit Fumes
Ohio authorities identified three brothers that were taken to a hospital after their deaths followed manure fume exposure.
Three brothers in Ohio died after passing out following exposure to fumes from a manure pit, authorities said.
Matt Lefeld, St. Henry Fire Chief, said rescue crews found the men in the pit unconscious and unable to move, according to ABC News.
Brothers Gary, Todd and Brad Wuebker were fixing a manure pump before they passed out from the fumes.
Using manure pits to store waste before it is used for fertilizer is a common practice for large livestock farms.
However, the pits can produce dangerous gases including hydrogen sulfide, methane, carbon monoxide and ammonia, according to the outlet.
The three men were taken to the hospital, where they were later pronounced dead.
Trending on Inside Edition
Teen Reunites With 'Gravesend' Cast and Crew Who Saved Him From Being Pinned Under SUVHeroes
Trump 'Lunged' at His Secret Service Agent, Tried to Grab Steering Wheel to Get to Capitol on Jan. 6: AidePolitics
Ghislaine Maxwell Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Trafficking Sex Abuse Survivors to Jeffrey EpsteinCrime
Federal Government to Take Action to Protect Reproductive Rights Amid Roe v. Wade's Reversal: HHS SecretaryHealth
$281K Raised for TikTok Star Ophelia Nichols' Family on GoFundMe as Search for Son's Killer ContinuesCrime