Coroner Reveals Amy Winehouse Died of Alcohol Poisoning

The coroner investigating the death of Amy Winehouse ruled that she died of alcohol poisoning after going on a vodka binge in the days before her death. INSIDE EDITION reports.

A London coroner's tragic finding in the investigation of singer Amy Winehouse's death is that she drank herself to death in a three-day vodka bender.

Winehouse's blood alcohol level was a mind-blowing five times the drunk driving limit.   

Dr. Charles Sophy showed INSIDE EDITION how much alcohol someone would have to consume to hit Winehouse's level.

"This is a deadly concoction for anybody, much less a woman," he said.

Winehouse's taxi driver father Mitch attended the inquest. Her mother Janis was also there, and received a kiss of condolence from a friend.

Police discovered empty vodka bottles scattered around the bedroom of Winehouse's $4 million London home when she was found dead in July.

The coroner ruled that the 27-year-old's death was "The unintended consequence of...fatal levels [of alcohol]." There was no trace of illegal drugs in her system.

Winehouse's family said in a statement, "It is some relief to finally find out what happened to Amy. Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time."