Arizona Mom Warns Parents Against Dangers of Garden Hose Water After Baby Is Severely Burned
The boy's mother wants everyone to know the dangers of a hot hose.
An Arizona baby suffered horrific burns on his body when his mom accidentally sprayed him with scalding hot water from a garden hose that had been sitting in the sun for hours.
Little Nicholas Woodger, a 9-month-old in San Tan Valley, suffered second-degree burns on 30 percent of his body as a result of the ordeal earlier this month.
His mom, Dominique Woodger, said she was filling up a kiddie pool at her home and accidentally sprayed the boy with the hose, not realizing that it was spewing scorching water after being left in the sun for several hours.
It was 115 degrees at the time, and authorities said the temperature of the water in the hose could have been as hot as 150 degrees, KTLA reported.
Woodger took Nicholas to the hospital for treatment. He is expected to make a full recovery.
As summer gets into full swing and the weather continues to get warmer, Woodger wants other parents to know the risks surrounding garden hoses.
Inside Edition recently visited the home of Bree Chavers, a mother of three in California, along with Riverside County Fire Capt. Fernando Herrera.
At her home, a garden hose was left in the sun for about six hours as temperatures topped 93 degrees. When Chavers turned the hose on, the water inside was a startling 126 degrees.
“In a few seconds, someone can get first- or second-degree burns," Capt. Herrera told Chavers.
He then offered some tips to keep your family safe from serious burns.
“The first thing you want to do is open up the nozzle, let the water flow for at least a minute," Capt. Herrera said. "And make sure that the cool water will start running before you fill the pool."
He also recommends always keeping the hose in the shade.
Trending on Inside Edition
16-Year-Old TikTok Chef Builds a Food Empire From Her Grandparents' Minnesota KitchenINSIDE EDITION InDepth
Florida Woman Believes She Saw 'Baby Dinosaur' Running Through Her YardOffbeat
Simba the Goldendoodle From Arizona Miraculously Survives 200-Foot FallAnimals
Fraternity Brothers Band Together to Pay Off Longtime House Cook’s Mortgage on Her 74th BirthdayInspirational
Retired Couple Offers New Jersey Residents Free Rides to Vaccine Appointments in COVID-Themed CarInspirational