Breonna Taylor’s Ex-Boyfriend Jamarcus Glover Arrested on Drug Charges After Speaking to Press About Slain EMT

Breonna Taylor's ex boyfriend mugshot.
Louisville Metro Police Department

Jamarcus Glover, 30, was busted the day after he told Louisville-Courier Journal that the slain EMT had nothing to do with any alleged drug trade.

Breonna Taylor’s ex-boyfriend has been arrested in Louisville Thursday on drug charges. Jamarcus Glover, 30, was busted the day after he told Louisville-Courier Journal that the slain EMT had nothing to do with any alleged drug trade.

Glover, whom cops were looking for on March 13, the night Taylor was shot, was arrested and booked Thursday morning after warrants were issued for his arrest last month on charges including trafficking a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to reports.

On Wednesday, Glover told Louisville-Courier Journal that police used wrong information to obtain the warrant which led to Taylor being fatally shot. No drugs were found in her apartment.

Glover and Taylor had a past relationship. But Glover was not Taylor's boyfriend at the time of her death and he was not at her apartment that fateful morning.

Glover was already in police custody the night Taylor was shot after police serving a “no knock” warrant came into her apartment.

"The police are trying to make it out to be my fault and turning the whole community out here making it look like I brought this to Breonna's door," Glover told Louisville-Courier Journal. "There was nothing never there or anything ever there, and at the end of the day, they went about it the wrong way and lied on that search warrant and shot that girl out there.”

The family of Breonna Taylor and her attorneys have also maintained that she was not involved in her ex-boyfriend’s alleged drug trade.

Glover is expected in court Friday.

In documentation previously obtained by the Louisville Courier-Journal, police were authorized to carry out a “no-knock” warrant on Taylor’s Louisville, Kentucky, home on March 13 as part of a narcotics investigation on a home 10 miles away. Neither Taylor nor her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, were the investigation's target. Police had suspected, though, that Taylor’s home was used to receive drugs.

Authorities said they identified themselves, despite the “no-knock” warrant. Police said the officers were “immediately” met by gunfire when they entered Taylor and Walker's home, at which point they returned fire.

Walker called 911 during the ordeal and he was informed he'd shot an officer. He was initially charged with attempted murder, but his charges were later dropped after he said he shot in self-defense thinking he and Taylor were victims of a home invasion.

In the wake of Taylor's death, the city has banned "no-knock" warrants.

In June, Officer Brett Hankison was fired from the Louisville Metro Police Department; he is currently contesting his termination with legal council. Officer Myles Cosgrove and John Mattingly have been reassigned. None of the officers have been arrested or charged in Taylor’s death.