Bride Suffers Allergic Reaction to Flowers at Her Wedding

Playing Bride Has Allergic Reaction to Flowers on Wedding Day

On the biggest day of her life, a Nebraska bride suffered a serious allergic reaction from a flower featured in her wedding flowers. 

"I was the scariest-looking person at my wedding,” Christine Miller told Inside Edition. 

The culprit was the snow-on-the-mountain flower, which can cause an allergic reaction comparable to poison ivy.

The night before the wedding, she and her bridal party stayed up to finish the floral arrangements after picking the flowers on her property outside Lincoln.

"I washed my face the next morning and that's when it started,” she recalled. 

With her ceremony approaching, her face broke out in a red and bumpy rash and her eyes swelled shut. 

"I was in so much pain,” she said. “Nobody knew what to do."
 
Miller didn't want to miss her own wedding so she put on her gown and went on with the ceremony. She walked down the aisle to her soon-to-be husband, Jon, in absolute agony.

"She was struggling to keep her eyes open, they were constantly watering and she just looked miserable,” he recalled. 

She put on a brave face for the guests, but after exchanging vows, the newlyweds didn't head to the reception — they went to the hospital. 

"I thought I was dying at that point,” she recalled. 

Doctors gave her medication, which helped, and the couple was determined to go back to their wedding.

"I had a rash still on my neck so I wanted to get my dress off because I wanted to be comfortable and so he ran into target and got me a shirt that said 'Bride' on it and pajama pants and that's what I wore into our reception,” she said. 

A week later, they got a second chance to take the wedding photos, thanks to their generous wedding photographer.

This time, the bouquet was hypoallergenic.  

RELATED STORIES

Couple Gets Wedding Reception Redo for Free After First Attempt Was Marred by Bride's Allergic Reaction

Dad Dies 2 Weeks After He Got to Walk Daughter Down the Aisle in Hospital Wedding

Honeymoon Horror: Newlywed Bitten by Shark During Post-Wedding Getaway