Imagine getting ready to tear into a fresh chicken sandwich just to find out it’s still raw.
That’s what Charlotte Parker says happened after she bought meals for herself and her granddaughters from an Arizona Burger King.
Parker’s granddaughter got a few chews in before realizing something was off.
Parker called the Phoenix-area restaurant. She said they apologized and offered a refund.
"I don't think they understood my concern. To me, they seemed very nonchalant. Like, 'Oh well, we didn't cook it long enough.'”
Parker wants the restaurant to take food preparation a little more seriously.
She's glad her youngest granddaughter didn’t decide on the sandwich because the small child has a weakened immune system
"If it had been Layla, it could've possibly been death," she said.
InsideEdition.com reached out to Burger King for comment.