An 11-year-old dangled from a chairlift at a ski resort in Canada when he got on the lift the wrong way.
Tristan Stead from Seattle was with his family when the heart stopping moment occurred.
“I was pretty scared,” he told INSDIE EDITION. “I thought I was gonna fall.”
He added: “the lift hit me in the butt and then my uncle grabbed me and tried to pull me back on the lift, but it didn't work, so I was kinda hanging there.”
People down below scrambled to find a tarp so he could fall and land on that instead of the ground.
During the incident, the boy was finding it hard to breathe. Stead said: “it was kind of hard to breathe because the chair was on my neck.”
Finally, he was able to let go and was returned to safety. He said the incident left him pretty shaken up.