The father of one of the teen burglars killed in a home invasion in Oklahoma says his son was not a thug, as he's been portrayed.
"Jacob was a good kid," Michael Redfearn told Inside Edition. "This was not the typical Jacob. It's really hard to see all the comments and all the things people have said in regards to my son."
Jacob Redfearn, who would have turned 19 this week, was shot dead on March 27 when he broke into a home in Broken Arrow along with two friends, 19-year-old Maxwell Cook and 16-year-old Jaykob Woodriff.
Michael Redfearn also revealed that he lost his wife the same week as his son. She died of a bacterial infection, he said.
"Both my son and my wife were cremated and I'm going to take them with me on a road trip," he said. "Just have some time with them and let this all sink in."
After breaking in, the three teenagers were shot dead by the homeowner's son, 23-year-old Zach Peters. Authorities say Peters was defending his home and will not face charges.
"It's hard to swallow," Redfearn said, "but at the same time it was expected. We live in Oklahoma. We have a 'stand my ground' law."
Redfearn said he "wholeheartedly" believes the driver of the teenagers' getaway car, Elizabeth Rodriguez, was the one who came up with the crime.
"She was definitely the ringleader," he told Inside Edition. "She's the one who set this whole thing up."
Rodriguez, 21, has been charged with three counts of murder, but has pleaded not guilty. Her next court appearance is May 11.
When Inside Edition spoke to her from jail, she wept and repeatedly said, "I'm so sorry."
She has also said that the teenagers had been involved in a string of break-ins, but Redfearn's father insists that's not true.
"This is completely out of his nature and a first-time incident for him that happened to cost him his life," he said.
Authorities said none of the teens had criminal records.