O'Reilly Out: Fox News Cuts Ties With Longtime Host After Numerous Harassment Allegations
The network announced Wednesday afternoon that the popular host will not be returning.
Conservative commentator Bill O’Reilly has been forced out of Fox News after multiple sexual harassment claims and out-of-court settlements came to light, it was announced Wednesday.
“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,” parent company 21st Century Fox said in a statement.
The veteran TV host has been embroiled in controversy for nearly three weeks after reports surfaced the network and O'Reilly had paid about $13 million in out-of-court settlements with five woman who complained they were sexually harassed by O’Reilly.
Since then, more than 50 advertisers have jumped ship and advocacy groups have demanded his firing.
"It is tremendoulsy disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claimes," O'Reilly said in a statement. "But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today. I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride."
His prime-time show has been No. 1 among all cable news programs in the time slot for more than 15 years.
Trending on Inside Edition
Kidnapped Woman Rescued After Leaving Note Asking for Help at KFC Restaurant: PoliceCrime
Britany Barron Tearfully Testifies Husband Shot Her Co-Worker, Made Her Behead Him, Over Texts They ExchangedCrime
Are Cosmetic Procedures on the Rise As People Return to the Office? A Look at the Plastic Surgery ‘Zoom Boom'Health
Teen Struck By Lightning Inside Her Pennsylvania Home During Heavy StormOffbeat
Mom Accuses Another Shopper of Clearing Baby Formula Off Shelf Amid Growing Desperation Over ShortageNews