At Least 3 Dead, 2 Critically Injured After Man Opens Fire at Maryland Business

Police apprehended Radee Labeeb Prince, 37, who is believed to have shot five people at Advanced Granite Solutions in the Emmorton Business Park.

After a daylong manhunt, police apprehended a man they say opened fire at his workplace in Maryland Wednesday, killing three people and wounding two more before fleeing to Delaware, where he shot another acquaintance, police said.  

Radee Labeeb Prince, 37, is believed to have shot five people at Advanced Granite Solutions, located inside the Emmorton Business Park in Edgewood at 8:58 a.m., Hartford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said at a press conference.

Two people were taken to Baltimore’s Shock Trauma Center, which tweeted that they were in critical condition.

Details of Prince's arrest were not immediately available. He was caught in Delaware by federal and local law enforcement agencies, authorities said. 

Prince and all five of the victims worked at the business, Gahler said. 

Prince fled the scene in a 2008 black GMC Acadia, with Delaware license plate PC64273, police said.

He drove 20 minutes to a car lot in Wilmington, Del., where Prince has family, and shot an acquaintance in the body and head, police said. That victim survived.  

After the shooting, Prince was seen fleeing the scene in the same vehicle. 

Read: Several Reported Shot as Gunman Opens Fire at Hospital in New York

Gahler said a motive is not known, but that the Edgewood incident appeared to have been a “targeted attack.”

Prince is believed to have acted alone and used a handgun in the first shooting. 

Read: Teen Allegedly Opens Fire in Elementary School, Shoots 2 Students and Teacher

Five schools in the Edgewood area were placed on lockdown as a precaution while police searched for Prince. The lockdown was lifted about two hours later. 

"We do not believe there's an immediate threat to the community," Gahler said. "We do believe that this was targeted, with the qualifier that there is an armed and dangerous suspect out there." 

During a second press conference, Gahler called on Prince to put an end to the violence.

"I would ask him obviously to stop what he has started here today... enough loss of life. To stop and just turn himself in to the authorities," Gahler said. "We can end this peacefully and preserve his life and any more lives that might be in jeopardy today. I would ask him to consider what he’s already done and put an end to it."

Prince was fired from another job earlier this year after allegedly attacking a co-worker, The Baltimore Sun reported

A former colleague sought a restraining order against Prince in February, saying in his application that Prince punched another employee in the face and threatened others at the business, court documents viewed by The Sun said. 

After he was fired, Prince allegedly came back to the business several times. 

“He came back to our business justifying what he did was right because the other guy was saying some things that he did not like,” the co-worker wrote. 

In one instance, Prince allegedly cursed at and yelled at the applicant. 

"I felt very threatened because he is a big guy and very aggressive on me," the co-worker wrote. 

The co-worker said Prince had not gotten physical with him, but, "I do not want to wait until he will."

A Harford County District Court judge denied the order, saying the man “could not meet the required burden of proof.”

Watch: Victims of Las Vegas Shooting Speak From Their Hospital Beds