Bodybuilder Dies After Being Stunned While Stabbing Tinder Date: Authorities

Erich Stelzer died in police custody.
Autopsy results are pending for Erich Stelzer.YouTube

A Massachusetts bodybuilder died after being Tased while stabbing his Tinder date, police said.

A YouTube bodybuilder died en route to a hospital after being hit with a stun gun by police while attacking a woman he met on Tinder, authorities said.

Erich Stelzer, 25, was Tased by Cohasset Police Department officers responding to a domestic disturbance call at a Massachusetts home, according to the Norfolk District Attorney's office.

When officers arrived, Stelzer was attacking 24-year-old Maegan Tapley with "weapons including a knife," police said in a statement. The woman was able to break free after her attacker was stunned, officials said.

She received multiple stab wounds, a broken hand and a damaged eye, police said. According to a GoFundMe page established by a family friend, Tapley will undergo several surgeries to repair her injuries. She is expected to recover. 

"Maegan is having another surgery on her broken right hand. She has gone through a traumatic ordeal physiological and physical. She was beaten, stabbed, majority of hair ripped from her head. Please pray for her recovery and thank you for your generosity," read an update on the fundraising site.

Tapley's sister released a statement on behalf of her family. “My sister has been through a horrific attack that would have killed her had the police not arrived. It’s going to be a long recovery due to extensive wounds but she’s an amazing, strong young woman and will get through this. Her family and friends are here for her and will be by her side throughout this recovery.”

Stelzer died in an ambulance while being transferred to a local hospital, police said. An autopsy is pending. An avid bodybuilder, he posted workout videos on YouTube.

His family said he was in declining mental health and they were trying to have him committed to a facility for treatment. Thursday's attack occurred before that could happen, his father said.

The young man had been experiencing delusions and was gripped by paranoia, according to his family.