A Missouri couple has been jailed after cops say they placed their infant son inside a microwave and turned it on.
Derick Boyce-Slezak and Mikala Boyce-Slezak of Park Hills were charged Tuesday with felony abuse or neglect of a child after an earlier visit to the hospital made officials suspicious.
According to police, the boy was taken to a St. Louis hospital for a rash when doctors say they found second-degree facial burns and head injuries.
In court documents obtained by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the parents say the burns were caused by a cleaning agent.
At a court hearing on Monday, a social worker claimed Mikala Boyce-Slezak said the head injuries were caused when her husband dropped the baby while imitating a TV commercial.
The social worker also stated that Mikala said she believed Derick had placed the baby in a microwave and briefly turned it on.
Mikala pleaded the fifth at the hearing and Derick didn't testify.
Both were jailed on $500,000 bond.