Goose and Gull on the Mend After Nearly Overdosing on Pills at a California Park

This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors.

If you are using ad-blocking software, please disable it and reload the page.

It’s a different kind of high than what they’re used to.

A goose and gull are recovering after officials say they gobbled down some of the hundreds of prescription pills that were dumped at a California park.

On Facebook, the Wetlands and Wildlife Care Center posted pictures of the passed out birds and pills. The park is a popular spot for children and families. A passerby noticed the drugs and saw a goose with symptoms of what appeared to be an overdose.

“Our center is currently treating a Canada Goose and a Ring-billed Gull that are exhibiting symptoms, such as loss of muscle control, that coincide with illness most likely caused by ingesting these medications,” the Center wrote as a caption.

“Both birds are doing well with treatment which mainly consists of pushing IV fluids through their system to flush it out.”

According to KCAL, it is not clear who the pills belonged to.


Now That's a Birdie! High School Golfer Gets Dive-Bombed by Angry Goose

Man Learns His Lesson After Trash-Talking Wild Goose

This Goose Loves Nothing More than Downing Pints at the Local Pub