Unbelievable helmet cam footage out of Virginia shows a firefighter's tense rescue of a victim from a burning home.
The four-minute video from the April 12 blaze was taken by two Staunton firefighters and posted on social media by the department with a serious purpose.
The quick response and proper application of water drastically decreased the amount of fire within seconds, according to the post that accompanies the video on Facebook.
In addition, firefighters want the public to know that it's difficult to see when inside a burning structure, much unlike how similar scenarios are depicted on film and television.
Smoke, officials warn, is full of toxic gases that can quickly overcome a person.
In this particular rescue, firefighters acted fast enough to save the victim, who gave permission to post a portion of the video.
In a touching gesture, the person rescued from the Thursday blaze posed with the heroic firefighters for a photo that later appeared on the department's Facebook page.
"A quick response, coupled with rigorous training and proper tactics aided in the positive outcome," the department said in the post.