6-Year-Old Boy Dies After Contracting Brain-Eating Amoeba
September 30, 2020
Maria Castillo and her family are devastated after the loss of her son, 6-year-old Josiah Christopher McIntyre. She says he began complaining about a headache and was vomiting before he was taken to the hospital, where doctors diagnosed him with a rare brain-eating amoeba called Naegleria Fowleri. “Six years into his little life and I, you know, had to let go of my baby. It's the hardest thing I will ever have to do,” she said. Inside Edition Digital’s Stephanie Officer has more.