New Jersey Man Saved From Near-Deadly Chicken Parm by Diner Owner’s Heimlich
A New Jersey man is thankful to be alive today after choking on food at his favorite diner. Joe Moore was enjoying chicken parmesan at Empire Diner when he bit off a little bit more than he could chew. Moore is seen in distress in surveillance video of the incident. Then, the owner, Dervis Akturk, noticed what was happening and sprang into action, performing the Heimlich maneuver, which he learned as a hospitality major in college. “All I wanted to do was save his life,” Akturk told Inside Edition.