Tick-Borne Virus Leaves Toddler in Hospital for 2 Weeks

August 3, 2022

A Pennsylvania toddler is recovering from a life-threatening infection caused by a tick. Jamie Simoson found a tick on her 3-year-old son, Jonny. Two weeks later he got sick with a headache and high fever. The boy was diagnosed with Meningoencephalitis, caused by the Powassan Virus. Jonny spent almost two weeks in the hospital because of the tick-borne virus, and is now in speech, occupational, and physical therapy to recover from side effects of the disease.

Watch Live
Inside Edition Streaming: Keep WatchingInside Edition Streaming: Keep Watching