Americans love their ground beef, but is all that meat truly safe to eat? Steve Romes, 49, of Gilbert, Arizona, had no idea what was making him deathly ill. After running tests over and over again, doctors determined Steve had salmonella poisoning. Turned out the ground beef he purchased at his local grocery store was the culprit. Over the past few years, there have been an alarming number of recalls of contaminated meat. So Inside Edition looked into what may be lurking in the beef shoppers buy.