Toxic Algae Could Kill Your Dogs

July 21, 2020

A 10-year-old boy playing with his dog in Zion National Park was heartbroken after the beloved husky puppy died suddenly after she went swimming. The dog’s movements seemed odd, and she was unable to stay upright. Minutes later, she was dead. Dr. Jeff Weber says the dog ingested a toxic algae which blooms this time of year, that has a severe neurotoxin that kills dogs in under an hour. It can also affect humans, but it’s rare. The vet advises pet owners to keep dogs away from any green water.

Watch Live
Inside Edition Streaming: Keep WatchingInside Edition Streaming: Keep Watching