Woman Claims She Contracted Flesh-Eating Bacteria at Nail Salon
Jayne Sharp said she had to have multiple surgeries after the incident.
A Tennessee woman claims she contracted a flesh-eating bacteria from a trip to the nail salon.
While getting a manicure, Jayne Sharp said she was poked in the thumb and later that day she began having pain.
“My thumb started throbbing,” Sharp told WTVF.
Sharp told the station she began to experience flu-like symptoms and her thumb and then arm began swelling, leading her to go to the doctor's office, where they marked the line of swelling with a marker.
The next morning, the swelling had advanced far beyond the marker, all the way to her elbow, and she was sent to the emergency room, where she was diagnosed with flesh-eating bacteria and rushed into surgery.
"The doctors told us had I waited another hour it might not be a good situation," said Sharp.
Months and several more surgeries later, Sharp’s thumb still doesn’t look the same and it remains numb, she said.
She staying positive, though. She said she’s “lucky to be alive.”
Now, Sharp is suing the nail salon where she believes she picked up the bacteria.
Trending on Inside Edition
Tourists May Have Caught Gabby Petito's Van on Video as They Drove Through Wyoming's Grand Teton National ParkCrime
Video Shows Pandemonium as Storm Knocks Down Tent, Injuring Guests at Atlanta WeddingNews
Mystery as 4 Friends Found Shot to Death in Wisconsin Cornfield, Police Have Scant Leads and No MotiveCrime
Inside Edition Investigates if NYC Restaurants Are Checking if Indoor Diners Are Vaccinated as Per New RuleInvestigative
Dog the Bounty Hunter’s Daughters Say They Were Cut Out of Their Dad's Life After Mom's DeathEntertainment
Gabby Petito in Tears After Aug. 12 Fight With Boyfriend in Utah, Bodycam Video ShowsCrime