Baby Reportedly Chokes to Death After His Mom Dies While Feeding Him

Police are investigating the death of a woman and her 1-year-old child, who were both found death inside their Hollywood apartment.

A woman and her baby were found dead in a Hollywood apartment, leaving a two-year-old boy to try to survive on his own, officials said.

Police responded to a call of a child screaming inside a second-floor apartment on the 1600 block of N. Fuller Avenue about 3 p.m. Monday and discovered the bodies of a woman in her 40s and her one-year-old son, a spokeswoman with the LAPD said.

A second, older boy, 2, in the home was found dehydrated and taken to a local hospital in stable condition, a spokeswoman with the LAPD said.

The LAPD said the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) will handle that child's placement. 

Investigators are looking into the woman's death and have ruled the one-year-old boy's death as accidental, the spokeswoman said.

Read: Mom Repeatedly Injected Her 14-Year-Old Daughter With Heroin, Prosecutors Say

Though the identifications of the mother and her sons are being held by officials pending family notification, local published reports say the woman was identified by friends as Erika Tomassian, an Australian who lived in America where she worked as a marketing director at 7 Stars Production.

Tomassian recently adopted the boys, who were biological brothers, neighbors reportedly said.

The new mother had not been feeling well and sought medical attention and was ultimately diagnosed with bronchitis, ABC7 reported.

Read: Deputies Surprise 7-Year-Old Boy Suffering from Terminal Illness with 'Thriller' Dance

When a neighbor who knew Tomassian had been sick could not get in touch with her, he went to her apartment, hearing a child crying and called 911, wrote ABC7. She was reportedly found near the foot of her one-year-old boy's high chair.

The boy had been strapped in to the chair and appeared to have choked on food his mother had been feeding him when she died, ABC7 said. The pair reportedly may have been dead for two days before they were discovered.

Watch Below: Why This Mom Invented an App That Can Disable Your Child's Phone