Woman Says Her Hair Fell Out in Clumps After She Bought Conditioner Tainted With Nair
Photos posted to Facebook showed mounds of the woman’s hair in the shower and bald spots throughout her head.
A woman's hair began falling out in clumps after she said she unknowingly bought a bottle of conditioner that had been tainted with Nair.
Taffy Jo Timm said her daughter Ashley Rose bought a bottle of Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume conditioner at a Wisconsin Walmart last week and it had Nair, a hair removal product, mixed inside.
“Attention New Richmond Wisconsin Walmart shoppers be aware of shampoo and conditioner you buy there as my daughter Ashley Rose bought some 2 days ago and someone mixed Nair in her conditioner bottle!” Timm wrote on Facebook. “As I speak she is losing hair and crying!”
Photos posted to Facebook showed mounds of Ashley Rose’s hair in the shower and bald spots throughout her head.
On her own Facebook, Ashley Rose wrote, “As I type this I’m crying bc that’s all I have done since this incident. This is raw and has hit me like no other. My hair was finally the way I loved it to be and now it’s gone.
“Picture do not do it justice or show the 100% damage it has caused me,” she added. “My heart hurts terribly I don’t even have any words to say to anyone as I just can’t get anything out but that it hurts and has been scary.”
Ashley said she went to the emergency room to make sure she didn’t have any chemical burns, but her scalp was just red and irritated. She decided to shave her head altogether because of the damage.
Now, the mom and daughter are warning others to check their shampoo and conditioner bottles before purchase.
“I can’t trust anything anymore,” Ashley wrote.
Police and Walmart are investigating the alleged incident.
Pantene said they have reached out to Ashley.
"We are aware and concerned by this post, however the consumer involved hasn't directly contacted us yet, so at this time we have limited information," the company told InsideEdition.com. "We have reached out to gain more information because the safety of our products is our top priority. We will share more information as we learn more about this unusual experience."
Trending on Inside Edition
Some Fear High School Baseball Star Who Vanished After Going Overboard on Sunset Cruise Was Attacked by SharkHuman Interest
Former Sheriff's Deputy Sentenced for Killing 'Extramarital' Girlfriend Who Insulted 'Size of His Manhood': DACrime
New Mom Survives After Contracting Rare Flesh-Eating Bacteria Days After Giving BirthHealth
After Getting Shot in the Head for Ringing Wrong Doorbell, Ralph Yarl Walks for Brain Injury AwarenessNews