Woman Trying to Kill Bed Bugs Burns Down House, Leaving 10 People Homeless

Bed bug fire
The house had five units and was a total loss.(WKRC)

At least 3 were injured in the blaze.

Ten people have been left homeless after a woman accidentally set fire to a multi-family home while attempting to kill bed bugs, authorities said.

Police said the woman was trying to kill the pests with rubbing alcohol when the fire broke out early Saturday.

Officials said the blaze had all but engulfed the five-unit building by the time firefighters arrived after midnight. 

Three people were taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. 

All told, authorities say the fire left three teenagers and seven adults homeless. The Red Cross is now working to find them lodging. 

The total cost of the damage was estimated to be about $250,000, according to WKRC.

Kamaron Lyshe, who apparently lived in the home, reportedly rushed to the scene after learning of the fire.

Lyshe then shared video of the unfolding tragedy to Facebook Live for more than an hour. 

"My House caught fire n got burned down - all my stuff is gone," Lyshe lamented. 

In the light of day, Lyshe shared more video, this time of the fire's aftermath.

“My room is completely destroyed, all my clothes," Lyshe said while filming the gutted remains of his home. "My closet was right here."