Off-Duty Trooper Saves Man Choking at Restaurant With Heimlich Maneuver
It was a terrifying moment as a dad having dinner with his son started choking in a New Jersey restaurant Sunday. He was rescued by an off-duty state trooper. Todd Hendricks and his son, Anthony, 6, were eating boneless chicken wings, watching a football game, when it happened. The father took a bite and it went down the wrong way. "I reached out for my drink and I swallowed again," he recalled. The man sitting at the next table saw that something was wrong and hopped into action.