Family Warns of Dangers After Toddler Dies From Swallowing Button Battery

August 7, 2021

Reese Hamsmith died more than a month after swallowing a button battery. What initially resembled a cold turned out to be symptoms directly connected to the ingestion of the battery. Eventually the 18-month-old suffered from a fistula, or a hole that ran from the esophagus and through the trachea. Reese died on Dec. 18, 2020, and now her family wants to spread awareness to make sure that the same thing doesn’t happen to other children.


Watch Live
Inside Edition Streaming: Keep WatchingInside Edition Streaming: Keep Watching