Mongolian Teen Dies of Bubonic Plague After Eating Marmot

July 16, 2020

A 15-year-old boy in Mongolia has died of Bubonic Plague. The Bubonic Plague, sometimes known as the Black Death, is a bacterial infection. Its symptoms include fever, chills and swollen lymph glands. The teen in Mongolia reportedly contracted the disease from eating marmot. Marmots are large rodents, part of the squirrel family. Marmot has long been a part of the human diet in some areas of Mongolia.

Watch Live
Inside Edition Streaming: Keep WatchingInside Edition Streaming: Keep Watching