Mom Left Blind in 1 Eye After Parasite Latched Onto Cornea During Swim

November 5, 2018

A Colorado mom was left blind in one eye after a parasite latched onto her cornea when she went swimming wearing her contact lenses. It happened while Stacey Peoples was on a family vacation in 2014. After being misdiagnosed several times, she eventually had to undergo a cornea transplant. The mother of four and longtime educator was unaware of the dangers of wearing contact lenses in the water. Now she wants share her story to warn other people.

Watch Live
Inside Edition Streaming: Keep WatchingInside Edition Streaming: Keep Watching